£3 million Village Hall Improvement Grant Fund launched – 5th April 2019
Today, saw the launch of the £3 million Village Hall Grant Fund for village halls across England.
The launch event, hosted by Action with Communities in Rural England (ACRE), was held at Oxton Village Hall, Nottinghamshire and attended by Robert Jenrick MP and Lord Gardiner of Kimble from Defra.
Backed by the Government, the grant funding will be managed by ACRE on behalf of Defra with support from the ACRE Network. The grant aims to help fund the updating and refurbishment of village halls so that they are fit for purpose and provide activities which seek to achieve one or more of the following outcomes for their communities:
- Improved health and wellbeing/reduction in loneliness
- Demonstrates a positive impact on the environment
- Supports the local rural economy
There will be greater emphasis given to applications who have already secured most of the funding.
How much can be applied for?
The scheme will fund up to 20% of eligible costs, with a minimum grant of £10,000 and a maximum grant of £75,000 payable. This means overall scheme costs would be between £50,000 and £375,000.
Who is Eligible?
Please download the guidelines and eligibility criteria before completing Stage 1 of the application process. To download this document please click here
To apply or for more information, please visit ACRE Rural Hall Improvement Fund
Action in rural Sussex provides subscription-based advisory service which offers information and advice to building trustees, managers and volunteers on the various aspects associated with operating these facilities. It is open to those running any form of community facility, including village halls, community centres, church halls and sports pavilions across both East and West Sussex.
Advisory Service Subscribers will be able to benefit from:
- Workshops and networking events
- Web-based access to themed Topic Notes created by AirS and Village Halls Information sheets
- Monthly newsletters and e-bulletins
- Opportunities to seek answers or comments
- Access to members of the AirS Village Halls Buddying Scheme
- Representation from Sussex to government consultations
- Direct and easy access to expert consultancy services
- Consultancy Services
For more information, please visit Subscription Service