6 Month Free Advisory Service for Committees Managing Village Halls, Sports and Community Buildings
COVID-19 is creating a huge problem for those responsible for the financial management of buildings that are rented or owned by sports clubs, scout troops and community organisations.
Action in rural Sussex (AirS) is offering a free six month subscription to its comprehensive advisory service to support those involved in managing and operating these buildings in East and West Sussex.
Petrina Mayson, Chief Executive at AirS said:
“We are seeing such financial pressure on all those committee members running sports pavilions, community libraries, guiding huts and village halls. We want to contribute to helping each of them not only survive this crisis, but come out stronger. Really fighting fit for when everyone wants to be back out there enjoying social activities.”
For any existing or new subscribers, we are offering six months free support with absolutely no obligation. We just need your contact details on an application form by the end of April 2020. That’s all. There is no ongoing financial commitment.
What is included in the subscription?
The Village Halls and Community Buildings advisory service includes:
- Web-based access to over 100 invaluable information sheets, template documents and topic notes on key themes such as insurance, health and safety, governance
- Representation via the Sussex Community Buildings Advisory Group (SCBAG) to local and central government consultations, raising awareness of issues as they affect village halls and community buildings – including policies in response to Covid-19
- Participation in the nationally-accredited peer assessment ‘Hallmark’ Quality Assurance scheme. This accreditation will enable you to qualify for a discount on your insurance
- Direct and easy access to expert local consultancy services for detailed advice on complex problems and development issues, particularly capital projects and governance
- Quarterly email newsletters packed with fundraising and Sussex county updates
- Monthly email bulletins on hot topics
- A link to your website from www.ruralsussex.org.uk
- Publicity for your own facility twice a year on the AirS social media accounts
- Support from your peers in other facilities who are facing exactly the same issues as you
How you can claim today
To claim your free six months of expert support – please download your application form today and ensure you return it to us by the end of April.
If you have any questions, please contact Francis Burrows, Facilities Advisor, on 07513 123673 or send an email. Thank you.
Action in rural Sussex has been actively supporting village halls and other community buildings in East and West Sussex since 1931.