Action in Rural Sussex – Neighbourhood & Community Planning Service
Neighbourhood Plans or Neighbourhood Development Plans are plans prepared by local communities led by an approved qualifying body such as a Parish or Town Council or Neighbourhood Forum. It ensures the right type of development takes place to meet local needs.
The aim is to empower communities and enable them to directly influence where new homes, shops and offices should be located. They also allow communities to have a say on new infrastructure (e.g. transport links, roads etc), facilities and green spaces.
Taking into account national policies and ensuring they conform to local strategic policies communities develop the plan themselves. Once completed and successfully passed examination and referendum, they become a statutory part of the wider planning system.
Action in rural Sussex has been involved with 49 plans in either part (providing certain bespoke services) or in full – providing a comprehensive support from inception to the plan being ‘Made’.
Our team comprises experienced and skilled community engagement and neighbourhood planning officers, housing specialists, planning expertise provided collectively by our staff and retained partner consultants.
The services we provide are as below:
- Steering group governance & project initiation
- Visioning sessions and workshop facilitations
- Community Engagement – aimed at maximising public participation
- Community survey work – design, delivery, analysis and reporting
- Support with Draft and Submission Plan policies
- Support with Regulation 14 Public Consultation and responding to representations
- Support with examination queries
For more information about the AirS Neighbourhood Planning services, please contact Faustina Bayo at email@example.com or on Tel 01273 407320 Mobile 07775 851888