Free Business Networking & Support Session – Rodmell and surrounding area – 9th May – 7pm to 8.30pm
Rural communities across East Sussex are full of small businesses and enterprises many run by a single person, often from home or a small business facility.
Running a business or developing an idea into a business can be challenging, particularly when doing so on your own. Complying with regulations and rules can be overwhelming and scary, and many businesses aren’t sustainable or don’t grow as their owners wish, often because identifying and accessing cost-effective support is seen as difficult, expensive or not a valuable use of their time.
This event seeks to help respond to these challenges by providing a forum for local people to come together and explore both specific and general business issues, but also to hear about the wide range of FREE business support on offer to assist people in growing their business and running it effectively.
Who is this event for?
- Anyone who already runs a small business, especially those who are self-employed or who work from home, ranging from a window-cleaner or plumber through to high-tech manufacturing firm.
- Anyone who is starting or is thinking about starting their own business.
- Anyone seeking access to FREE impartial advice and guidance or any aspect of running a business.
- Anyone who would like to meet and engage with other local business people.
More about the event
The event will take place on 9th May at Iford Village Hall, Iford, Lewes BN7 3EJ between 7.00pm and 8.30pm.
The session has 2 main elements:
1. A friendly, informal networking session where local people involved in running businesses have the opportunity to meet and chat to each other, hopefully identifying new clients and suppliers, as well as exploring any collective challenges or issues.
2. A brief exploration of the issues affecting local businesses and how the free business support being offered by our project partners at the Lets Do Business Group may be respond to these needs, either individually or on a community-wide basis.
To find out more or to register your interest in attending please click here.
For further information, please contact:
Policy & Communications Officer at Action in rural Sussex