Community Buildings Workshop on GDPR – Horam Village Hall – Monday 5th March – 6.30pm to 9.00pm
Action in rural Sussex is delivering workshop and surgery sessions to support community buildings and village halls in becoming compliant with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) that come into force on the 1st May 2018.
Led by our Community Buildings consultant Louise Beaton, these 2 to 2.5 hour sessions will consist of:
- A brief review of the new GDPR principles and how these differ from the existing Data Protection legislation;
- The process for obtaining consent and processing personal data;
- The consequences and penalties associated with data loss or mis-use;
- Practical suggestions and steps to implement the changes required;
- A surgery session to discuss the practicalities of implementation specifically for Village Halls and Community Buildings;
The workshops are open to anyone who is involved with a community building of any type or size. Places will be limited and provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that the event will only run if a sufficient numbers of bookings is achieved.
To make a booking, please complete the Booking Form below and return it to us (along with payment)
GDPR Workshop Booking Form 2018
Subscribers to the AirS Advisory Service 2017/18 – £30 (inc. VAT) per attendee
Non-Subscribers – £35 (inc. VAT) per attendee
Payments can be made by BACS or cheque – details on the booking forms. When paying via BACS please include the full name of the applicant as a reference when making payment and email the completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org including ‘GDPR Workshop’ in the subject line.
Finding the venue
The venue for the conference is:
Horam Village Hall
The Hall is located adjacent to the main A267 road between Hailsham and Heathfield, just to the west of the village centre (please see map below).
If you have any queries or questions regarding this event, then please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com