West Sussex Village Halls & Community Buildings Conference – Tuesday 14th November 2017, The Ashington Centre, 10am to 2pm
The conference will run from 10.00am to 2.00pm, with coffee/tea available from 9.30am. Refreshment breaks and a light buffet lunch are included. There will be ample opportunities for networking between participants, stand holders and speakers.
We’ll provide access to key information, expert advice and offer opportunities to share experiences and network.
- The challenges and opportunities for community buildings – Jeremy Leggett, Chief Executive, Action in rural Sussex.
- Providing a safe environment – what are the legal requirements, what is best practice? Fire & Rescue Service speaker – to be confirmed.
- The role of trustees and adapting to changing needs. Focus on constitution and legal status issues – Louise Beaton, Independent Village Halls advisor and ACRE Trustee
Any Questions? Panel
A panel of those involved in managing and operating community buildings will take questions and enquiries from attendees.
Attendees will be able to attend 1 of the 3 workshops run on the day. Please express your preference(s) on the booking form.
- CIO (Charitable Incorporated Organisation) status – is it for you?
- Marketing and promoting your hall.
- Systems and processes to put in place a safe environment.
Please note that due to demand we may not be able to meet all preferences, which will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
The conference is open to anyone who is involved with a community building of any type or size. 2017/18 subscribers to our Village Halls and Community Buildings Advisory Service may send up to 2 attendees ‘free of charge’, with additional attendees and non-subscribers charged £18 (inc. VAT) per person.
To make a booking, please complete the Booking Form below and return it to us along with payment no later than Friday 3rd November 2017.
Subscribers to AirS Advisory Service 2017/18 – No Charge (Up to a max. of 2 attendees)
Non-Subscribers/Additional attendees – £18 (Inc. VAT) per attendee
Payments can be made by BACS or cheque – details on our booking forms. Please include the full name of the applicant as a reference when making payment and email the completed application form to: email@example.com including ‘West Sussex Village Hall Conference’ in the subject line.
Finding the venue
The venue for the conference is:
The Ashington Centre
The Hall can be accessed by following signs from London Road (the main road through the village). It is located a few minutes drive from the main A24 road between Horsham and Worthing, just to the west of the village centre (please see map below).
Whilst free parking is available, space is limited, so please travel with others where possible.
If you have any queries or questions regarding this event, then please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org