We are recruiting for a Rural Housing Enabler
Annual Salary – Starting at £35,147 (pro rata)
21 hours per week – with potential to increase
Home / Lewes Office based and flexible working
28 days annual holiday (pro rata) & contributory pension scheme
One year fixed contract with intention to continue.
Working with all key stakeholders, offering advice, support, and identifying solutions for communities to deliver locally affordable housing, across Sussex.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and understanding of affordable housing issues, policies, development, funding, and delivery. With the following experience / skills
- At least two years working in housing – development or management, community development or similar areas of work.
- Work with local authorities, parish councils, housing associations and similar organisations.
- Community development and engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to manage multiple projects.
Download the Interview Pack including Person Specification and Job Description HERE
How to apply
IMPORTANT Before applying for this post please read the Job Description and Person specification carefully and make sure you have understood the below points fully before downloading and completing the application form.
- Using the section headed “Information in Support of your Application” please explain exactly why you think you have the skills, knowledge and experience to fill this role. Please do not attach a cover letter, CV or other documents.
- Please note that if you do not meet the criteria, or score sufficient marks, based on the information that you have provided, then we will send you a rejection email on this basis shortly after short-listing.
- We will email those short-listed to invite them to a formal interview which will be held week beginning 25 September 2023.
Download the Application Form HERE
Please email your enquiries and application form to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 9am Monday 19 February
Interview Date: Week commencing 26 February 2024
Action in rural Sussex is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. To help us honour this commitment we would ask you to complete the following two surveys:
Registered name: Sussex Rural Community Council, Charity No: 1035401