Platinum Jubilee Grants for Village Halls reopen

The Platinum Jubilee Village Hall Grants, originally announced to mark the Late Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, have reopened to new applications. Main grants scheme for village halls – ACRE

  • Grants are for between £7,000 and £75,000 and can only make up 20% of the total project cost. You will have to show how you will raise the remaining 80%.
  • Only improvements, eg an extension, refurbishment or energy efficiency improvements are eligible  (not routine maintenance or new builds).
  • You must be in a town or village with a population of less than 10,000 to be eligible.
  • All grants must be spent by end March 2025.

Stage 1 (an eligibility check) can be applied for here: Guidance and Instructions : 2024 Platinum Jubilee Village Halls Fund – Stage One Application (

If eligible, you will be asked to complete a Stage 2 application, giving further details of your project.

This needs to be submitted to at Action in Rural Sussex. We will review it and provide feedback prior to sending it to ACRE for the grants panel to consider.

All Sussex Stage 2 applications were successful last time!

Please read the fund criteria carefully before applying:  PJVH-Fund-Criteria-2024-revised-June-4th.pdf (

The deadlines for receipt of Stage 2 applications at AirS are:

  • Tuesday 23rd July (1st panel)
  • Thursday 15th August (2nd panel)
  • Tuesday 17th September (3rd panel)

The fund will stay open until all funds are spent. Note that the small grants scheme has now closed and is unlikely to reopen.

Please do email us at if you have any queries or would like to discuss your application.


“Supporting rural communities in Sussex to be vibrant and diverse places in which to live and work.”