Village Action Programme
“Helping you turn ideas into action”
Having been successful in attracting Big Lottery Reaching Communities Funding, AirS’ Village Agents and Rother Voluntary Action have joined forces to create Village Action to undertake a community development programme, with a range of rural communities across East Sussex
The aim is to support communities in identifying and addressing local needs through a sustainable network of community volunteers as well as helping revitalise existing organisations, where possible.
In particular, it will tackle issues surrounding access to services, in some of the more remote parts of the county, therefore reducing social isolation and loneliness for the most vulnerable local residents.
The Village Agents will help support the development of volunteer leadership and know-how, creating a sustainable network of volunteers who can provide a safety net to ensure that, as far as possible, the needs of rural residents are met locally.
This is a 3 year programme that started direct delivery with communities in January 2018.
- Do you have any ideas for activities, events or clubs that could benefit your community?
- Do you know of any community activities or volunteers in your area that could benefit from added support or training?
- Do you need any help, advice or support to support others where you live?
We can provide:
- Practical on the ground support
- Mentoring, information and know how
- Networking opportunities to link you with other volunteers and community groups
- Access to a range of training opportunities and resources
For more information, please contact one of our Village Action Village Agents:
Tel: 07940 275611
Tel: 07765 710337
Tel: 01273 407306