Sussex Village Agents Programme
Current Projects and Programmes
Making it Happen – funded by East Sussex County Council
Village Agents are presently working on the Making it Happen programme alongside other partner organisations in East Sussex. This programme is about discovering, celebrating, and building on the positive things in our local neighbourhoods.
We are here to support communities to come together, make the most of the opportunities and create positive change. It is a chance for ideas to be developed into practical solutions by you and your community for your community!
The areas covered by the AirS Village Agents for Making it Happen are, Crowborough, Hailsham, Polegate and Uckfield. If you live in any of these areas and you want to hear more about how you can help ‘make it happen’ in them, we would love to hear from you. Get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read our latest bulletin
Making it Happen Case Studies
1) Selby Meadow Selby Meadow – A Green Sanctuary for People and Wildlife
2) Crowborough Youth Club MIH -2022 Crowborough youth club case study
Our Team Members
Laura Heales. HAILSHAM AND POLEGATE. 07940 275611 email@example.com
Usual Working Days: Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
Suzi Lock. CROWBOROUGH. 07899 894975 firstname.lastname@example.org
Usual Working Days: Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursday Mornings
Jo Peters 07540 975277 email@example.com
Working days are Wednesday & Thursday
AirS Village Agents lead a local activity in Polegate
Photos: Steve Lewis
The Sussex Village Agents programme has worked with the following organisations:-
- East Sussex County Council to deliver programmes that address health and wellbeing issues.
- East Sussex Healthwatch – ensuring that people living in rural areas are aware of Healthwatch and what it can offer, and encouraging people to provide feedback on their local health services.
- East Sussex Fire and Rescue (ESF&R) Services – working in partnership to support and promote the Safe and Well visits as part of a rolling programme of visits by the ESF&R service across rural areas over the last 2 years.
- UK Power Networks – promoting the register of vulnerable people in rural areas of East and West Sussex.
- East Sussex Winter Warmth Campaign – working with others to ensure that information and benefits of the service reach rural areas and individuals living in fuel poverty.
- Wealden District Council and The Wealden Partnership to raise awareness and seek solutions and spread ideas about reducing rural isolation and loneliness. In particular promoting and supporting the development of good neighbour schemes in the District.
- Know Dementia and Dementia Friends – helping to raise awareness about dementia in rural communities.
- The Village Agents have also worked in partnership with many other organisations to improve awareness, information and service delivery on a range of issues including: Wealden Citizens Advice Bureau, Rother Voluntary Action, Carer for the Carers, 3VA, MSK NHS Partnership, Age UK GP Surgery Community Navigators.