Village Halls & Community Buildings Advisory Service
Action in rural Sussex offers an advisory service on an annual subscription basis which offers support to those involved in managing and operating these buildings, it is open to all trustee and management committees of village halls or community buildings across Sussex.
Angela was previously the village and community hall adviser for Kent and Medway, providing guidance to over 400 community buildings on a range of issues from health and safety to hiring arrangements, fundraising and governance. She is a great believer in the importance of these spaces for thriving communities.
- Dedicated support and guidance via phone and email.
- Access to the AirS Village Hall and Community Buildings Basecamp Group: our popular new forum where building committee members can meet in a virtual space and benefit from each other’s experience and knowledge.
- Regular e-bulletins providing the latest news and updates including funding and training opportunities.
- Access to guidance documents on key themes, providing up-to-date and practical information on a range of topics including: insurance, hire charges, employment, budgeting, fire safety etc.
- A number of workshops and networking events during the year to be held at various locations across the two counties; including free entry to one of two conferences held each year in West and East Sussex.
- Representation via the Sussex Community Buildings Advisory Group (SCBAG) to local and central government consultations, raising awareness raising of issues as they affect village halls and community buildings.
- Participation in the nationally-accredited peer assessment ‘Hallmark’ Quality Assurance scheme.
The service is available for an annual fee of £144. Details for how to pay are on our subscription form: Service Application Form
Already a Subscriber?
Consultancy Service Exclusively For Subscribers:
All subscribers will be able to access additional consultancy services provided on competitive and flexible terms. The Service is designed to cover projects and issues that require additional specialist or concentrated support and advice.
If you have any questions regarding the Advisory service, subscription process or require any further details, then please contact us.
01273 473422 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sussex Community Buildings Advisory Group
The Sussex Community Buildings Advisory Group is made up of volunteers involved in running community buildings across East and West Sussex.
It works to identify key issues affecting their operation, bringing together knowledge and practical expertise to support halls in Sussex, but also to improve the funding and legislative environment for volunteer-run community buildings.