Village Halls & Community Buildings Advisory Service
Village Halls & Community Buildings are crucial components in sustaining inclusive and active communities, particularly in rural areas where fewer venues and services are present. They offer a community hub in which social interaction can occur, businesses may be supported, services may be delivered and physical activities may take place.
Our Village Halls & Community Buildings Service operates on an annual subscription basis. It provides email, telephone and consultancy support on every aspect of managing multi – purpose community facilities. This includes village halls, community centres, church halls and sports pavilions across both East and West Sussex.
Subscribers will be able to benefit from:
- Workshops and networking events which will be free to subscribers providing 2 places per hall at each event. * Non-subscribers will be charged for attendance.
- Web-based access to AirS Topic Notes and the National Village Halls Information sheets produced by our national organisation, ACRE. These provide up-to-date and practical information on a range of topics including insurance, hire charges, employment, budgeting, fire safety etc. A summary of the publications is located here.
- Monthly newsletters and e-bulletins providing information and updates on all aspects of managing a community building, funding and training information and frequently asked questions responses.
- Access for all subscribers to seek answers or comments on key issues or topics from the network.
- Access to members of the AirS Village Halls Buddying Scheme for support on particular issues where they have direct experience.
- Representation from Sussex to government consultations through lobbying and awareness raising of issues as they affect village halls by the Sussex Community Buildings Advisory Group (SCBAG).
- Direct and easy access to expert consultancy services for detailed advice on complicated or development issues, particularly capital projects. The service includes access to legal, HR & recruitment advisory services. The service is provided at competitive rates reflecting the aim of AirS to provide affordable services.
Information on the full array of services available to subscribers is set out here.
How to subscribe
Details on how to become a subscriber are located on the Subscription Page.
In addition to our subscription led service, we also offer specialist and targeted support on a consultancy basis. This focuses on providing detailed advice to individual halls on how to deal with specific issues. More detail is provided here: Consultancy Services .
Peer Support & Buddy Halls
We keen to promote peer support and networking between the volunteers that run community buildings so that experiences and best practice may be shared between them. If you are interested in joining this ‘Buddy’ scheme and wish to find out more then please click here.
Sussex Community Buildings Advisory Group
The Sussex Community Buildings Advisory Group is made up of volunteers involved in running community buildings across East and West Sussex. It works to identify key issues affecting their operation, bringing together expertise and feeding these into ACRE and the National Village Halls Forum to improve the funding and legislative environment for volunteer-run community buildings.
Hallmark Quality Award Scheme
The Hallmark Quality Award Scheme is a quality assurance mechanism that has been developed to promote standards across community buildings. For more information on this scheme and how to apply please click here.
Administrator Claire Reynolds is the first port of call for all queries.
Tel: (01273) 407305 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org